2014 18-Day Campaign to End Violence Against Women Poster-Making Contest
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) is inviting all High School students nationwide to join in the “18 Day Campaign to End Violence Against Women (VAW) Poster Making Contest.” This contest aims to raise public awareness and educate the students about the issues on VAW.
In 2013, President Benigno S. Aguino III signed Republic Act 10398 declaring November 25 of every year as the “National Consciousness Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Children.” The law also raises the standard by which this campaign is observed by mandating key government agencies to undertake activities designed to raise public awareness on VAW.
This year’s contest focuses on issues of street and public harassment.
- Contest is open to all high school students nationwide (maximum of 2 entries per school).
- Poster must capture the issues on street and public harassment and the role of right holders in preventing VAW.
- Posters must be all original and hand drawn using any kind of medium.
- Poster size should be ½ illustration board in a landscape format.
- Appearance of participants’ name, college logo, name of school, or any product/brand name as a material or content in the poster is disallowed.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on November 19, 2014. Entries must be hand carried or mailed to the address below with the attached Endorsement Letter duly signed by the School Director/Principal.
PHILIPPINE COMMISSION ON WOMEN
Attn: Information Resource Management Division
1145 J.P. Laurel St. San Miguel, Malacañang Compound, Manila
- All submitted entries will be deemed property of Philippine Commission on Women.
- Shortlisted entries will be uploaded in PCW social media accounts: Facebook http://www.facebook.com/philippine.commission.on.women and Twitter @PCWgovph
- Employees of PCW, including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity/affinity are not qualified to join the contest.
- Ineligibility of the entry to comply with all these requirements shall be sufficient ground for disqualification.
*Winners agree to the disclosure and publication of their names and other particular, to participate in any photo, publicity or other media arrangements made by PCW and to announce winners to the general public as PCW deem appropriate.
Deadline of Submission of Entries: November 19, 2014
- First Place – 15,000
- Second Place – 10,000
- Third Place – 5,000
- People’s Choice – 3,000
All winners will also have a free tour for two (2) at the Presidential Museum and Library in Malacañang, Manila
Criteria for Judging
- Relevance to the Theme – 50%
- Style and Creativity – 30%
- Composition and Originality – 20%
- Total – 100%
Selection of Winners
Pre-Screening: Panel of judges from PCW will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that the contestants have complied with the prescribed guidelines and it has no violent content, nudity or obscenity. After pre-screening, top entries will then be made available online in PCW social media accounts.
Winners Deliberation: Panel of judges from different organizations will then select winners based on the short listed entries. Online voting for People’s Choice Award is on November 25 to December 03, 2014. Entry with the most number of Facebook likes and Twitter retweets will win the People’s Choice Award.
Announcement of Winners: Names of winners will be announced PCW’s website, official Facebook account and Twitter account on December 09, 2014.