18-Day Campaign to End VAW 2015: Assembly of Anti-VAW Advocacy Supporters
End VAW Now! It’s Our Duty! : Gains and Ways Forward
November 25, 2015, 2:00 PM
Venue: Aliw Theatre, Pasay City
This year’s 18-Day Campaign to End VAW kick-off activity, “Assembly of Anti-VAW Advocacy Supporters” is a gathering of government, non-government, academe and private sector stakeholders to take stock of milestone accomplishments (gains) in addressing Violence Against Women (VAW) in the Philippines. It will be a venue for government, as duty bearers, to highlight their mid-decade (2010-2015) actions in ending VAW, as well as pledge their continuing commitment to sustain the gains and pursue further actions to move towards the shared vision of a VAW-free community (ways forward).
Guidelines to Participants
- This event is open to the public for free. Interested individuals, parties, organizations, or agencies may register online. Registration is accepted on first come, first served basis. You will receive an e-mail informing you of the status of your registration.
- Once your registration is approved, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address. Said confirmation email, along with the list of participants signed by the Head of the Agency/Organization, should be printed and presented during the claiming of tickets. Tickets are not for sale.
- The venue has limited seating capacity and strictly observes a “no standing room” and “no ticket, no entry” policy. Maximum of 20 persons per participating agency/organization shall be allowed.
- Please take care of your entry tickets. Ticket holders are advised to fill-out the spaces provided with their full name and name of agency/organization where they belong ahead of time. The filled-out portion of the ticket shall be surrendered upon entry to the venue.
- Free-seating shall be observed, except for seats duly marked as reserved by the organizers. Early arrival means better chances of getting the seat of your choice.
- Gates will open at 12:30 PM and will close at 1:45 PM. The program will start at exactly 2PM.
- Bringing of food and drinks are not allowed inside the theater. There are restaurants and fast food chains near the venue where people can dine before or after the program.
- Bringing of pets, alcoholic beverages and deadly weapons that may cause harm to others are also strictly prohibited.
- Pay parking is available in CCP Complex. Payment shall be on personal account of vehicle owners.
- Ramps and wheelchair area are available inside Aliw Theatre. Participants who are accessing these provisions are requested to advise PCW in advance so we can notify the venue of such.
- Participants are encouraged to use the campaign shirt during the event. In case participants fail to produce the prescribed upper attire, they may wear white shirts instead.
- To maintain cleanliness of the assembly area and program area, participants are requested to refrain from littering before, during and after the activity.
- In case of emergency, please proceed to the clinic within the theatre’s vicinity.