Promoting Safe Communities: Forum With Male Advocates Against Violence Everywhere
The forum on Promoting Safe Communities aims to highlight the vital role of men and boys in ending VAWC, including street and public places harassment. While it targets men and boys as its audience, the forum also seeks to gather good practices of public and private organizations and their efforts in making their communities a safe place for women and girls. The forum is part of the 18-Day Campaign To End VAW (November 25 to December 12). Topics to be discussed are as follows:
- Overview on VAWC
- Street and Public harassment
- Role of men and youth in ending VAWC, including street and public spaces harassment
- Recognition of good practices in addressing harassment in public spaces
- HeForShe Campaign
Guidelines for all participants
- This event is exclusive to male participants only. Interested individuals, parties, organizations, or agencies may register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/forum-with-male-advocates-against-violence-…. Registration is accepted on first come, first served basis, and is free of charge. Deadline of registration is on November 24, 6PM
- Once your registration is approved, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address. Kindly print your ticket and present it at the designated registration area at the AFP Theatre lobby.
- Maximum of 20 persons per participating agency/organization shall be allowed.
- Free-seating shall be observed, except for seats duly marked as reserved by the organizers. Early arrival means better chances of getting the seat of your choice.
- Gates will open at 8:00 AM and will close at 8:50 AM. The program will start at exactly 9AM.
- Bringing of food and drinks is not allowed inside the theater.
- Bringing of pets, alcoholic beverages and deadly weapons that may cause harm to others are also strictly prohibited.
- Participants with vehicles may park at the designated parking areas inside AFP Grandstand.
- Ramps and wheelchair area are available inside AFP Theatre. Participants who are accessing these provisions are requested to advise PCW in advance so we can notify the venue of such.
- Lunch will be served for the participants. Organizers will usher the participants to the dining area.
- To maintain cleanliness of the assembly area and program area, participants are requested to refrain from littering before, during and after the activity.