Poster making contest for the 18-day campaign to end VAW
Theme: End VAW Now! It’s Our Duty. (Wakasan ang Karahasan Laban sa Kababaihan! Ito ay Ating Tungkulin!)
- Contest is open to all high school students in Metro Manila (one entry per school).
- Posters must capture the issue of Violence Against Women (VAW) and the role of duty bearers (police, judiciary, social workers, medical workers, local government officials, etc.) in preventing VAW and providing services to victims of abuse.
- Posters must be all original and hand-drawn using any medium (water color, oil pastel, acrylic, crayons, etc.). Poster size should be 30”x 40” or ½ illustration board.
- To register, kindly like our Facebook page at PCW’s facebook page
- Post your entries in our FB wall together with your name/s, school and contact details.
- PCW reserves the right to delete, block or report any entry/content/user as they see fit.
- Kindly submit the original copy of your entry at the Philippine Commission on Women, 1145 J.P. Laurel St., Malacañang Compound, San Miguel, Manila.
- Names/logos of schools are not allowed to appear as an element in poster entries.
- All submitted entries will be deemed property of Philippine Commission on Women.
- Winners agree to the disclosure and publication of their names and other particulars as PCW may deem appropriate and to participate in any photo, publicity or other media arrangements made by PCW to announce winners to the general public.
- Employees of PCW, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.
Criteria for Judging
- Relevance to the theme – 40%
- Creativity – 30%
- Composition/Originality – 30%
- Total – 100%
- First Prize – 10,000
- Second Prize – 7500
- Third Prize – 5000
- People’s Choice Award – 3000