PCW-DILG Joint Memorandum Circular No. 2014-01: Preparation of FY 2015 GAD Plans and Budgets and FY 2013 GAD Accomplishment Reports
|To||All Heads of Executive Departments, Agencies, Bureaus, Agencies, Offices, State Universities and Colleges, Government Owned and/or Controlled Corporations, Legislative and Judiciary Branches, Constitutional Bodies, Other Government Instrumentalities, Local Government Units, and All Others Concerned|
|Subject||Preparation of FY 2015 Gender and Development (GAD)Plans and Budgets and FY 2013 GAD Accomplishment Reports|
Pursuant to the guidelines set under the Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) No. 2013-01, “Guidelines on the Localization of the Magna Carta of Women,” issued by the PCW, the DILG, the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), and in anticipation of the 2015 Local Budget Call by the DBM, all local government units (LGUs) are enjoined to prepare and submit their respective FY 2015 GAD Plan and Budget (GPB) and FY 2013 GAD Accomplishment Report (AR). LGUs are also enjoined to refer to Memorandum Circular 2014-02 issued by the PCW on 28 January 2014 (copy hereto attached) on the Implementation of the Women’s Empowerment, Development, and Gender Equality (Women’s EDGE) Plan 2013-2016.
In the formulation of FY 2015 GPBs, LGUs are reminded of the following:
- The GPB shall be formulated within the context of the LGU’s mandates. In this regard, LGUs shall consider relevant provisions of the Local Government Code, the Magna Carta of Women, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), the Beijing Platform for Action (BPfA), the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), other GAD-related laws, and the Women’s EDGE Plan 2013-2016.
- The GAD Focal Point System Technical Working Group of component cities and municipalities shall coordinate with the LGU’s departments and offices to review and consolidate the latter’s inputs and submissions for the preparation of the LGU GPB. The consolidated GPB of the component city or municipality shall then be forwarded to the Provincial Planning and Development Office to ensure that programs, projects and activities (PPAs) in the GPB are aligned with the priorities of the province. Afterwards, the GPB shall be submitted to the DILG Regional Office for review and approval. Likewise, provinces, highly urbanized cities and independent component cities shall also prepare their annual GPBs, but they shall submit these directly to the DILG Regional Office for review and approval.
- The LGU shall ensure that the DILG-approved GPB is integrated in its Annual Investment Program (AIP), as well as in the formulation, updating or enhancement of the Comprehensive Land Use Plan , the Comprehensive Development Plan, the Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan or the Executive-Legislative Agenda. It is, thus, important that LGU GAD Focal Point Systems ensure the timely preparation and submission of their GPBs and synchronize it with the planning and budgeting calendar set by the DILG-NEDA-DBM-DOF Joint Memorandum Circular No. 1, series of 2007.
- The JMC 2013-01 allows the attribution to the GAD budget a portion of or the entire annual budget of an LGU’s program or project based on the result of the conduct of gender analysis using the Harmonized Gender and Development Guidelines (HGDG) tool. The purpose of which is to promote the gender-responsiveness of regular programs and enable LGUs to estimate relevant GAD-related expenses of these programs to form part of the total GAD budget of the LGU.
- The deadline for the submission of FY 2015 GPBs and FY 2013 GAD ARs to DILG is on May 16, 2014.
- Please refer to the full text of JMC 2013-01 or the Guidelines on the Localization of the Magna Carta of Women for details on the process of preparation and submission of GPBs and GAD ARs.
Thank you for your continuing commitment to implement the Magna Carta of Women.
(Sgd) Mar Roxas
Department of Interior and Local Government
(Sgd) Remedios R. Rikken
Philippine Commission on Women
DOWNLOAD a copy.