MOVE! Run to End VAW
Men Opposed to Violence Against Women (VAW) Everywhere! or MOVE! is organizing an advocacy run with the theme “MOVE! Run to End VAW” in observance of the 18-Day Campaign to End Violence Against Women which starts from the 25th of November and ends on the 12th of December. The main objective of this advocacy fun run is to raise the awareness of the Filipino men on their role in gender equality and in the elimination of VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN (VAW) and to actively campaign for the elimination of gender-based violence by promoting and supporting MOVE as vanguards in the prevention of violence against women.
It also aims to provide a recreational venue where people from all walks of life can run and be fit, at the same time, participate, support and unite for a noble cause in stopping violence against women in the family, workplace, community and everywhere. The advocacy run will be held in Legazpi Carpark, Legazpi Village, Makati City on 6 December 2009, Sunday. The activity is being organized in partnership with Barangay San Lorenzo, the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) and the Barangay San Lorenzo business Association, Inc. Registration forms can be downloaded here or obtained from the Barangay San Lorenzo Business Association Office, 908 A. Arnaiz ave (formerly Pasay Road) Makati City with tel. nos 813-0733 or 994-1296.
Advocacy Run Route
- A minimal charge of P200.00 (inclusive of MOVE Advocacy Run T-shirt , runner’s bib and finisher’s certificate) shall be made upon registration.
- A WAIVER form shall be signed upon registration.
- The run shall be held around the streets of the Legazpi Village Makati Central Business District.
- Claiming of T-shirts shall be at the starting line which will open at exactly 5:00 AM.
- The No receipt-No T-shirt policy will be strictly observed and implemented.
- Thirty (30) minutes before the actual fun run, the organizers shall ask the participants to convene at the starting line for the announcement of rules and warm up exercises.
- The starting gun will be fired at exactly 6:00 A.M, after which, the starting line rope shall be released to indicate the start of the run. Marshals shall guide the participants on the route of the advocacy fun run.
- A water station will be available at the half-way mark of the route.
- Finishers shall be given a Finisher’s certificate. Curfew will be at 7:45 A.M. A short program shall follow immediately at the starting/finish line.
- Interesting prizes await the first three (3) finishers for both categories (Men and Women), as well as fun awards.
Come in your sportiest attire!