Memorandum Circular No. 2015-06: Clarification on the Process of Submission and Review of FY 2017 Gender and Development Plans and Budgets and FY 2015 GAD Accomplishment Reports
|Date||28 December 2015|
|To||All Heads of Executive Departments, Agencies, Bureaus, Offices, State Universities and Colleges, Government Owned and/or Controlled Corporations, Legislative and Judiciary Branches, Constitutional Bodies, Other Government Instrumentalities and All Others Concerned|
|Subject||Clarification on the Process of Submission and Review of FY 2017 Gender and Development Plans and Budgets and FY 2015 GAD Accomplishment Reports|
1. This Memorandum Circular is issued to clarify the process of submission and review of the FY 2017 GAD Plans and Budgets (GPBs) and FY 2015 GAD Accomplishment Reports (GAD ARs) as provided under PCW Memorandum Circular (MC) 2015-04 and PCW-NEDA-DBM Joint Circular 2012-01.
2. As provided under Section 8.4 of PCW-NEDA-DBM Joint Circular 2012-01, “(M)other or central offices may opt to consolidate the GPBs of their … regional offices and include the consolidated GPB in their submission to PCW. In case a government department/agency/government-owned and -controlled corporation (GOCC) will not be submitting a consolidated GPB, as provided under Section A.5 of PCW MC 2015-04, the lowest sub-unit that PCW will accept for review and endorsement is only up to the regional level. Plans and programs of lower constituent units (i.e., district and field offices) should be integrated either in the regional GPB or the agency consolidated GPB.
3. On the review of GPBs and GAD ARs of attached agencies/bureaus/GOCCs, Section A.2 of PCW MC 2015-04 states:
“2. Attached agencies/bureaus/GOCCs and regional offices shall submit their GPBs and GAD ARs to their line departments or central offices for review. In the case of SUCs, their GPBs shall be submitted to and reviewed by the regional offices of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).The review shall focus on the alignment of the GPB with the overall GAD agenda/framework set by the line department or central office, as well as the correctness or alignment of entries in each column of the GPB. Once the GPB and GAD AR are acceptable to the line department or central office, it shall submit these to PCW for review and endorsement;” (Underscoring supplied)
4. For central offices of agencies/bureaus/GOCCs that are attached to line departments, legislative or judicial bodies, the Office of the President (OP) or other government instrumentalities, their GPBs and GAD ARs shall be submitted to and reviewed by the GAD Focal Point System (GFPS) of the latter through the Gender Mainstreaming Monitoring System (GMMS). After which, these shall be submitted to PCW for review and endorsement through the same system. For example, the GPB and GAD AR of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Central Office shall be submitted to and reviewed by the GFPS of the Department of Finance (DOF) Office of the Secretary (OSEC) using the GMMS platform. Once the DOF OSEC GFPS finds the GPB and GAD AR acceptable, they shall submit these to PCW for review and endorsement through the GMMS.
5. As provided under Section A.4 of PCW MC 2015-04, “(C)entral offices of line departments, other executive offices (OEOs), constitutional bodies, and GOCCs or other government instrumentalities not attached to any line department or office shall submit their GPBs and GAD ARs directly to PCW for review and endorsement” through the GMMS. (Underscoring supplied)
6. In case the regional offices of the attached agency/bureau/GOCC will prepare separate GPBs and GAD ARs from the central office, the GPBs and GAD ARs of the regional offices shall be submitted to and reviewed by the GFPS of their central office following the parameters set under Section A.2 of PCW MC 2015-04. After which, these shall be submitted by the central office to PCW through the GMMS and will no longer be subjected to the review by the line department. For example, if the BIR regional offices will prepare separate GPBs and GAD ARs, their plans and accomplishment reports shall be submitted to and reviewed by the BIR Central Office GFPS. Once the regional office GPB and GAD AR are acceptable, the BIR Central Office shall submit these to PCW for review and endorsement. The regional GPBs of BIR will no longer be reviewed by the DOF OSEC GFPS.
7. For guidance and appropriate action.
REMEDIOS R. RIKKEN
DOWNLOAD a copy.