Legislative Agenda for the 17th Congress
The Women’s Priority Legislative Agenda (WPLA) for the 17th Congress, composed of 12 legislative agenda, is the result of a series of consultations with various local women’s groups in three key cities in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao and a careful deliberation based on specific criteria to strategically address women and gender equality issues and concerns across the country.
It is hoped that all the legislative measures in the Women’s Priority Legislative Agenda (WPLA) will be passed through the support and collaboration of our legislators, national government agencies, civil society organizations and stakeholders.
- Strengthening the Provisions of R.A. 8353: Amending the Anti-Rape Law
- Increasing and Harmonizing Maternity Leave for those in the Government and Private Sectors
- Eliminating Discrimination Against Women in the Revised Penal Code (RPC): Decriminalizing Adultery and Concubinage
- Enacting a Women’s Political Participation and Representation Law
- Strengthening Law Enforcement and Protection Against Sexual Offenses: Expanding the Anti-Sexual Harassment Law
- Ensuring Women’s Equal Rights in Marriage and Family Relations: Amending Articles 14, 19, 124, 211 and 225 of the Family Code of the Philippines
- Recognizing Sexual Abuse and Focusing on the Violence and Abusive Conduct as Grounds for Legal Separation: Amending the Family Code Provision on Legal Separation
- Magna Carta of Workers in the Informal Economy
- Enacting the Anti-Prostitution Law: Amending Articles 202 and 341 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC)
- Upholding the Right to Life and Security of Spouses and Daughters: Repealing Article 247 of the Revised Penal Code
- Enacting an Anti-Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Law
- Adopting Divorce in the Family Code
Two of these legislative agenda were already enacted into law: