Executive Order No. 340: Directing National Government Agencies and Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations to Provide Day Care Services for their Employees’ Children Under Five Years of Age
SECTION 1. Day Care Services and Their Coverage. — All National Government Agencies and Government-Owned and-Controlled Corporations shall provide day care services to children of their employees under five years ago. These services shall be provided either within their office facilities or in the areas accessible and/or acceptable to the parents. Such services shall accommodate children, aged 5 years and below, of employees with no competent household help.
SECTION 2. Objectives of the Services. — To ensure that the employee’s children shall enjoy the following opportunities and benefits:
1. Proper care and nutrition to become physically fit;
2. Development of social, mental, intellectual skills;
3. Spiritual, socio-cultural and nationalistic values as well as the development of strong positive attitudes towards God, the family, the environment and the society in general; and
4. Substitute parenting and protection from all forms of neglect. abuse and exploitation while the parent is at work.
SECTION 3. Lead Agency. — In view of the agency’s expertise in the establishment of day care service, the Department of Social Welfare and Development is hereby tasked to:
1. Formulate the implementing guidelines for this Executive Order;
2. Disseminate the guidelines to all government offices concerned within one (1) month from approval of this Order;
3. Provide technical assistance in collaboration with relevant government and non-government agencies through training, assessment and monitoring visits; and
4. License and accredit the services, facilities and day care workers.
SECTION 4. Source of Funding. — National Government Agencies and Government-owned and -Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) shall charge their expenses for the provision and maintenance of day care centers, including manpower requirements and materials, to the Gender and Development (GAD) funds from their Employees’ Suggestions and Incentives Awards System (ESIAS) funds for human resource development. These offices may mobilize the resources of non-government, private and international agencies in the development of materials, improvement of facilities and enrichment of the curriculum in coordination with the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
SECTION 5. Effectivity. — This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 5th day of February in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety-Seven.
(Sgd) FIDEL V. RAMOS
President of the Philippines
By the President:
(Sgd) RUBEN D. TORRES
DOWNLOAD a copy.