CHED Memorandum s. 2011: Submission by all higher education institutions of reports on the compliance to Republic Act no. 7877 otherwise known as the “Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995”
|Date||17 February 2011|
|To||Heads of All Public and Private Higher Education Institutions, All CHED Commissioners, The Executive Director IV, CHED Central and Regional Office Directors|
|Subject||Submission by all higher education institutions of reports on the compliance to Republic Act no. 7877 otherwise known as the “Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995|
Pursuant to the authority reposed on the Commission under R.A. 7722, and to effectively implement the objectives espoused and provisions in R.A. 7877 known as the “Anti-Sexual Harassment Act of 1995”, all public and private higher education institutions shall be required to submit their Summary Reports on actions taken by their institutions regarding the following:
- Creation of their Committees on Decorum and Investigation (CODI);
- Names of the members of said CODIs;
- How many complaints have been received falling under CODI mandate;
- What actions were taken on such complaints, if any;
- How many complaints were resolved satisfactorily, and;
- How many complaints were referred to an external judicial or administrative body to further appropriate action, and status;
- Any relevant data, comments, suggestions to enhance the implementation of R.A. 7877 in HEIs.
The Reports should be submitted to the undersigned through the CHED Regional Offices on or before March 20, 2011. The data shall be included in the Commission’s Report to the Philippine Commission on Women, which body is tasked to prepare a Consolidated Report to be submitted to the President by end of March 2011 designated as “Women’s Month.”
Issued at the Higher Education Development Center Bldg., Quezon City, Philippines.
PATRICIA B. LICUANAN, Ph.D.
DOWNLOAD a copy.