2014 Women’s Month Short Film Making Contest
- The contest is open to all college students nationwide.
- There is no limit of entries per college or university.
- Each team must be composed of at least three to (3) to five (5) members. Characters who will appear in the film are not necessarily part of the team members. Appearance of mainstream actors is disallowed.
- The contest has five categories:
- a. Women and Disaster Response
- b. Women and Media
- c. Women and Peacebuilding
- d. Women’s Political Participation
- e. Young Women’s Reproductive Health
- The films must be able to depict current issues and challenges being faced by women in each category and how they have or can overcome them. It must also highlight the rights and roles of women in responding to these issues as provided under the Magna Carta of Women (R.A. 9710).
- Interested teams may join in all five categories. Kindly register by emailing the names, contact numbers, name of college or university indicating also the category or categories they will be participating at email@example.com.
- Each video entry must be an original composition (i.e. background music). Video must be 2 minute (minimum time) to 3 minutes length only.
- Entries must be in MPEG, MP4, MOV, or M2TS formats. Video size should be 1920 x 1080. Maximum file size is 2 GB.
- Participating teams must provide original and duplicate copies of their entry in DVDs.
- Videos which have been previously published, recorded or released in any part of the world and those which have been commissioned by any third party shall not be eligible as entries.
- Appearance of participants’ name, college logo, name of university or any product/brand name as a material or content in the video is disallowed.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on or before February 21, 2014. Entries must be hand carried or mailed to the address below with the attached Endorsement Letter duly signed by the Dean of the College.
PHILIPPINE COMMISSION ON WOMEN
Attn: Information Resource Management Division
1145 J.P. Laurel San Miguel, Malacanang Compound, Manila
- All entries will be deemed property of PCW.
- Employees of PCW, including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity, are disqualified from joining the contest.
- Ineligibility of the entry to comply with all these requirements shall be sufficient ground for disqualification. *Winners agree to the disclosure of their identities, announcement to the general public and that their entries will be allowed to be used in any short film, publicity or other media arrangements as deemed appropriate by PCW.
Selection of Winners
PRE-SCREENING: Panel of judges from PCW will pre-screen all the submitted entries to ensure that the contestants have complied with the prescribed guidelines and it has no violent content, nudity or obscenity. After pre-screening, Top 5 official video entries per category will then be made available online in PCW’s Official Youtube Channel.
WINNERS DELIBERATION: Panel of judges from different organizations will then select the Top 5 winning entries per category based on the shortlisted 5 entries. Online voting for People’s Choice Award is on March 1 to March 15, 2014.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS: Names of winners will be announced PCW’s website, official Facebook account and Twitter account on March 28, 2014.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Relevance to the Theme – 50%
Style and Creativity – 30%
Composition and Originality – 20%
TOTAL – 100%
Top Prize for each category – Php 25,000
People’s Choice Award – Php 15,000