No. of personnel needed:
Under the supervision of the Chief of the Corporate Affairs and Information Resource Management Division, the Information Officer II (IO 2) shall be primarily responsible for writing articles and other online content in PCW’s website and official social media accounts. As such, the IO 2 shall collaborate with other members of the Division in ensuring that the online assets of the agency are relevant, accurate, and regularly updated.
- Proactively participate in the implementation and monitoring of the PCW’s Strategy and Communication Plan;
- Recommend strategies that can be adopted by the Commission in maximizing its online presence for greater visibility and reach;
- Conduct research work to ensure the relevance and accuracy of information in PCW’s online platforms;
- Write new articles for the PCW website (www.pcw.gov.ph);
- Collaborate with other members of the Division, as well as other units in PCW in updating the sections/pages of the PCW website;
- Develop concept and ensure production and posting of content for social media releases; and
- Develop and maintain a system for documenting, storing and processing of information generated from frontline information services (e.g. through Frequently Asked Questions and Responses).
- Respond to public queries and other request for PCW information services via phone, letter, e-mail, website, and social media;
- Assist in monitoring relevant news trends in mainstream, social, and emerging forms of media;
- Provide media support services such as photo and video documentation, presentation graphics and illustrations, and other collaterals; and
- Performs such other tasks relevant to public information and advocacy programs, as may be assigned by the supervisor.