Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) will publish the Gender-Responsive Local Government Unit (GeRL) Assessment Tool or GeRL Assessment Tool. This tool aims to measure the extent of gender-responsiveness of the local government units (LGUs), both provincial and city/municipal levels, in terms of its capacities as an organization, and its delivery of basic services and facilities. Specifically, the objectives of the GeRL Assessment Tool are the following: (1) gather data and information on the level of LGUs’ GAD mainstreaming efforts and practices; (2) serve as a monitoring and evaluation tool to measure the extent of gender responsiveness of the LGU as an organization and in the delivery of basic services and facilities; and (3) identify the gaps and corresponding strategies to achieve gender responsive local governance.
The PCW will engage the services of a styleeditor to edit, proofread and ensure consistency of writing style of the whole manuscript with 150-170 pages.
OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
The PCW-TSRCD will need a Consultant who is expert in style editing manuals, toolkits and guidelines for use of LGUs. For this engagement, the following outputs are expected:
• Edited, proofread and enhanced GeRL Assessment Tool with consistent writing style; and
• Two (2) sets of finalized, printed and editable electronic copies of GeRL Assessment Tool [(a) Provincial, and (b) City/Municipal].
SCOPE OF WORK / ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To produce the outputs expected in this engagement, the Consultant is expected to work closely with the PCW Technical Services and Regional Coordination Division (TSRCD) in developing a reader-friendly GeRL Assessment Tool for LGUs as target audience. Specifically, the Consultant is tasked to deliver the following:
• Perform a substantive content editing of the GeRL Assessment Tool;
• Ensure all relevant parts and elements of manuscript are present in the edited draft;
• Proofread sentence construction and wording of the GeRL Assessment Tool, ensuring consistency of writing style of the whole manuscript; and
• Finalize the tool and provide PCW printed and editable soft copies of the document.
The PCW is expected to perform the following:
• Provide the Consultant copy of the GeRL Assessment Tool; and
• Review and provide timely feedback on the output/s of the Consultant.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE CONSULTANT
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree related but not limited to courses such as Women Studies, Development Studies, Journalism or Communications;
• Excellent writing skills in English;
• Has at least two (2) years of experience as style editor, preferably with experience in editing LGU toolkits and manuals;
• Knowledge on Gender and Development (GAD) concepts;
• Flexible and responds to changes to outputs as part of the review and feedback process;
• Strong commitment to deliver expected outputs on time;
• Experience in creating outputs similar to the deliverables in this engagement;
• Legitimate service provider for government requirements through the online registration in the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS); and
• Familiar with the government processes and procedures.
The Consultant will be engaged on July 15, 2018 to August 30, 2018 following this schedule:
|Awarding and Signing of Contract||3rdweek of July||Contract Signed|
|Meeting and presentation of the tool||4thweek of July||Agreed arrangements and expectations for the Finalization of GeRL Assessment Tool|
|Submission of first draft||1st week of August||First Draft of the edited GeRL tool submitted|
|Submission of the second draft and final document||3nd week of August||Second draft and final edited GeRL tool submitted in printed and editable soft copies|
|Payment 100% - 40,000 pesos|
The following documents shall be submitted to PCW by the Consultant:
• Expression of interest;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Sample Works;
• PhilGEPS Registration Number;
• BIR Certificate of Registration; and
• List of clientele with similar nature of this engagement.
The Consultant shall directly coordinate with PCW-TSRCD on all matters relevant to this engagement. The PCW-TSRCD will assign a focal person who will coordinate with the Consultant, and will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Facilitate the Consultant’s submission of draft/final outputs to PCW;
• Relay the consolidated comments/inputs from the PCW to the Consultant; and
• Facilitate processing of payments and professional fees.
PROFESSIONAL FEES AND TERMS OF PAYMENT
The PCW will pay the Consultant FORTY THOUSAND PESOS ONLY (Php 40,000.00) subject to applicable government taxes.
Payment of professional fees shall be made upon submission of final outputs, subject to the issuance of certificate of acceptability of output by the PCW, and shall follow the schedule agreed upon and stipulated in the contract of service signed by the Consultant and the PCW.
For more information, please see the attached file.