Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) will conduct a Gender and Development (GAD) Orientation for its government and non-government organization commissioners. The PCW have permanent representatives from the following government agencies:
1. Department of Budget and Management (DBM)
2. Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
3. Department of Education (DepEd)
4. Department of Health (DOH)
5. Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
6. Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG)
7. Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
8. National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)
9. Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
10. Department of Agriculture (DA)
As of July 2018, we have Commissioners for the following non-government organization sectors:
2. Business and Industry
3. Urban Poor
5. Media and the Arts
6. National Council of Women of the Philippines
As part of the PCW’s mandate to be the oversight agency influencing gender equality and women’s empowerment, it is imperative that our Commissioners both from the government and non-government organizations are well-oriented with basic gender concepts so they can ably use the gender lens in their programs and projects.
In this light, the PCW will need the professional services of a resource person (RP) to provide the training on August 7, 2018 at Orchid Garden Suites, Malate, Manila from 8am to 12 noon to discuss basic gender and development (GAD) concepts.
SCOPE OF WORK
The RP is expected to do the following:
• Discuss Gender and Development (GAD) and sex and gender concepts;
• Prepare the PowerPoint presentation/s needed;
• Answer the participants’ questions on the subject matter;
• Submit the final version of the PowerPoint presentation in PDF format.
The RP shall submit the following the final version of the PowerPoint presentation/s in PDF format.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
The RP shall have the following qualifications:
• Graduate of any social sciences course or related fields;
• Must have extensive knowledge on gender and development concepts;
• With at least 5 years working experience as a resource person;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
• Strong work ethic and professional reliability.
Individuals who are qualified and interested in this undertaking must submit the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae/Career Portfolio;
• Letter of expression of Interest;
• Tax Identification Number.
The PCW shall pay the RP SIX THOUSAND PESOS (P6, 000) for the period of engagement, subject to applicable withholding taxes.
The payment shall be processed and released upon completion and submission of the required outputs or deliverables and upon issuance of a Certificate of Acceptability of outputs and services rendered as defined in the TOR.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS
The RP shall directly coordinate with the PCW Board Staff Office on all matters relative to this engagement. Transportation and lodging expenses of the resource person shall be shouldered by the PCW. He/she shall also be provided with meals for the duration of the activity.