Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Information Technology
As the PCW CAIRMD has limited human resources, it will hire a Web Content Specialist to execute the activities under the Updating and Reorganization of the PCW Website Content Project.
In 2014, the Philippine Commission on Women implemented the Gender Mainstreaming Monitoring System (GMMS), a web-based information system that profiles the gender mainstreaming efforts of the agencies, GOCCs, SUCs and other government instrumentalities. It includes a module for automating the GAD Plan and Budget (GPB) and GAD Accomplishment Report (GAD AR) submission as well as an online version of the Gender Mainstreaming Evaluation Framework (GMEF) tool. The GMMS is one of the many information systems expected to produce data on the compliance of agencies to Republic Act 9710 or the Magna Carta of Women.
In 2017, the PCW initiated a redesign of the system in line with the updating of PCW-DBM-NEDA Joint Memorandum Circular (JMC) covering the GAD Planning and Budgeting process.
During the finalization of the template of the GPB and GAD AR, new requirements were identified which had an implication to the GMMS development. These include the data structure requirement of the new field: outcome indicators; closer relationship of the Gender Issue, GAD Mandate, Outcome Indicator and Activity fields, and various data validation requirements. After thorough study of the new system requirements, it was determined that it would entail the rebuilding of code libraries and interfaces already developed, thus requiring considerable time and effort which cannot be integrated to the original contract design without sacrificing or deprioritizing other functionalities.
The PCW determined that the new requirements should be included in the new GMMS as it would improve the monitoring of agency compliance to national GAD mandates. In view of this, development of certain functionalities from the original design specifications were deprioritized to give way to the inclusion of the new requirements.
The deprioritized functionalities and reports shall be the target of this enhancement.
To incorporate additional functionalities and reports for the generation of harmonized data on national government targets and accomplishments on key Gender and Development Indicators n the GMMS.
The following additional functionalities and reports will be incorporated in the GMMS v3:
1. Selective endorsement at the activity level;
2. Agency GMMS Focal Person (GMMS FP) and Encoder review and approval process;
3. Dynamic addition and approval of uncontrolled GAD Mandates, Gender Issues, Outcome Indicators and Activities from the agency interface.
4. Tagging of activities using PCW defined taxonomies;
5. GPB/ GAD AR versioning;
6. Importing of data in the GPB to the GAD AR;
7. Advanced search;
8. Report: BP400/400a.
9. Report: Indicators, targets and accomplishments.
10. Report: Government allocation | expenditure by GAD mandate | Gender issue.
11. Robert: List of GAD activities by taxonomy.
12. Report: List of GAD trainings that the agency has undergone.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide the systems development team composed of at least the following:
a. Management Information System (MIS) Expert (1) who shall
i. Function as the program manager and chief systems analyst, providing expert services and ensuring that all requirements identified in the requirements gathering phase are accounted for in the enhancement of the GMMS and updated in the Systems Analysis and Design (SAD) and other technical documents;
ii. Facilitate the discussions during meetings, workshops and consultations with the PCW for the expected enhancements to the GMMS, ensuring that the proceedings are properly documented and processed and accounted for in the enhancement;
iii. Prepare the systems test plans;
iv. Work closely with the PCW technical working group for the testing and acceptance of the system;
v. Ensure that outputs expected from the consultancy are in accordance with the specifications and requirements of the PCW, is free of errors and delivered in a timely manner;
vi. Prepare the updated administrator and the user manual;
b. Senior PHP Hypertext Preprocessor Programmer (1)
i. Assist the MIS Expert in the updating the SAD, functional and technical specifications document, program specifications document, and the administrator and user manual.
ii. Lead in the development of the additional functions and reports of the GMMS;
c. Junior PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (1)
i. Assist the Senior PHP Programmer in the developing the additional functions and reports of the GMMS;
ii. Configure/ setup the development server where all enhancement prototypes shall be configured and showcased;
2. Within the warranty period, maintain, debug, and provide troubleshooting services for the GMMS;
1. Designate technical officer/staff who shall act as a Contact Person/Coordinator in coordinating/scheduling the use/availability of facilities, arranging meetings, and interfacing with the Second Party regarding its services and outputs.
2. Review the Contractor’s outputs and forward the corresponding comments/proposed revisions to the Contractor not more than five (5) working days after receipt of the outputs.
3. Provide the workspace/ venue and meals for the conduct of meetings, workshops, and discussions, including office equipment such as projectors and printers;
4. Provide the venue, server, network, and infrastructure, workstations, meals and other equipment for the initial content uploading, server configuration, system testing, and training of users and administrators of the system;
5. Pay the Contractor a professional fee of THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND PESOS (P375,000.00) inclusive and/ or subject to applicable government taxes, to be paid as one (1) tranche or as may be agreed upon after issuance of notice of award. The payment shall only be given upon completion and submission of agreed output per tranche and upon issuance of a Certificate of Acceptability of outputs and services by the PCW.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. The Contractor must be a reputable IT software solutions company, specializing primarily on developing online information systems for a minimum of ten (10) years;
2. The Contractor must have satisfactorily completed at least (5) web-based monitoring and evaluation systems in the government that are still operational/ functional.
3. Contractor’s development team member(s) must have the following qualifications:
Management Information System (MIS) Expert/ Chief Systems Analyst
- Established track record of at least five (5) years management consulting specializing in the field of business solutions development and/or technology implementation. Experience in developing a monitoring system for development programs is required.
- Must have technical aptitude to communicate with the development team and possess strong analytical skills and understanding of IT application for monitoring systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English including the ability to create and deliver clear, powerful and concise presentations/proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage time and resources, establish priorities and meet goals.
Senior PHP Hypertext Preprocessor Programmer
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, IS, Computer Science or related field with at least three (3) years experience in the design and development of information systems utilizing the Apache-MySQL-PHP (AMP) environment and any PHP Framework. Experience in the design, development and deployment of monitoring and evaluation information systems for government or development agencies desired.
- Knowledgeable in best practices and latest standards and technologies in web development as well as database design and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills are highly valued
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Junior PHP Hypertext Preprocessor Programmer
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, IS, Computer Science or related field with at least one (1) year experience in the design and development of information systems utilizing the Apache-MySQL-PHP (AMP) environment.
- With working knowledge in best practices and latest standards and technologies in web development as well as database design and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills are highly valued.
The consultants shall be evaluated using the Quality Based Evaluation (QBE) with the following criteria:
Criteria Percent Distribution Minimum Score
Proven track record and applicable experience. 50 points 35 points
Qualifications of key personnel to be assigned in the project 40 points 30 points
Current workload relative to capacity 10 points 5 points
To qualify, the consultant must meet the minimum score prescribed. The contract shall be awarded to the ICT consultancy with the highest qualified score.
i. Company profile
ii. Curriculum vitae of key personnel to be assigned in the project.
iii. List of clientele with projects similar in nature for the past five (5) years;
PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT:
The contract shall be for a maximum of two (2) months from the issuance of the Notice to Proceed.
The enhancement must use the technology and platform used by the GMMS, i.e. the same version of the AMP technology i.e. Apache HTTP server, MySQL database backend, Hypertext Pre-Processor (PHP) programming language, that is compatible with Windows 2012 and higher, and Code Igniter. Any additional 3rd party technology that shall be used in conjunction with the existing technology should be non-proprietary or does not require any license or fee to use.
The additional GMMS pages and reports must be able to load within 10 seconds in client computers with very low bandwidth; cross-browser compatible, responsive and viewable from small devices such as iPhones, iPads, netbooks. System should also be able to load in any network and firewall setup, e.g. load balancing setup. The additional pages must not affect the load time of the other interfaces outside this contract.
The system source code and all other project assets should all be well documented and must be formally and legally turned over to PCW. This is to ensure that the contracted firm by the PCW shall no longer have control over the system and also for PCW to exercise its freedom to perform any customization and modification after project completion.
Contract includes one (1) year warranty commencing on the date of acceptance of the source code. Warranty shall cover fixing of errors arising from the usage of the system. The Consultant is expected to provide up to three (3) onsite troubleshooting services within the warranty period.
The PCW shall pay a professional fee of THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE THOUSAND PESOS (P375,000.00) inclusive and/ or subject to applicable government taxes, to be paid as one (1) tranche or as may be agreed upon after issuance of notice of award. Each payment shall only be given upon completion and submission of agreed output per tranche and upon issuance of a Certificate of Acceptability of outputs and services by the PCW. Proposed payment tranches are as follows:
i. Project Inception Report
ii. Signed-off wireframes for the GMMS UI of the additional functions and reports;
iii. System test plan;
iv. System test results;
v. Functional source code for the enhanced GMMS v3;
vi. Updated functional and technical design document, program specifications document, and administrator and user manual; and
vii. Project Closure Report
The GMMS UI redesign must adhere to the PCW branding guidelines and specifications. The Contractor’s company name must also be visible in the final system output.
TERMS OF PAYMENT:
As a requirement to the processing of the professional fee, the Consultant shall submit the above stated outputs and deliverables with the Certificate of Acceptability of Outputs and Services rendered duly reviewed and endorsed by the IRMD Chief and approved by the Executive Director, on the dates specified or agreed on for the tranches.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS:
The IT Consultant for enhancement of the GMMS shall report directly to the Information Officer IV or the Information Technology Officer I in his absence, who shall supervise, review, comment and endorse for approval all documents prepared or services or actions taken by the Consultant.