Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
On August 14, 2018, the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) is holding a commemorative event entitled “Making Change Work for Women: The Magna Carta of Women 9th Anniversary” to mark the 9th anniversary since the enactment of the Magna Carta of Women (RA 9710).
The event will gather around 500 participants from national government agencies’ GAD focal point system, non-government organizations, media, international development partners, select high school and higher education institution students, and PCW commissioners and staff.
The event, to be held in Manila, will feature three (3) program segments:
1. 2018 National Women’s Month Photo and Poster-Making Contest Awarding Ceremonies;
2. Report on the Situation of Rural Women Since the Implementation of the Magna Carta of Women;
3. A Situational Analysis of GAD Budgeting in the Philippines, 2010-2017; and
4. Launch of the GAD Transformation & Institutionalization through Mainstreaming of Programs, Agenda, Linkages & Advocacies (GADtimpala) for National Government Agencies
To ensure a seamless hosting of this event, the PCW will need the professional services of a team (“Contractor”) offering full coordination, program conceptualization and execution, events management, and stage design.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Contractor is expected to co-conceptualize and manage the program, including stage setup and design for the event. The event’s program will run from 12:30 PM to 5:00PM on August 14, 2018. The Contractor is also expected to provide materials for the stage design and media/photo booth.
Specifically, the Contractor will do the following:
1. Conceptualize, design, and set up the stage for the program;
2. Assign a staff to work closely and have regular meetings with PCW regarding the requirements of the event;
3. Coordinate with the venue supplier, the performers, and suppliers together with PCW regarding the technical requirements of the event; and
4. Upon proper endorsement of the Deputy Executive Director for Operations (DDO), coordinate with the venue supplier regarding logistical arrangements for the event. The cost of venue rental is excluded from this Terms of Reference.
1. Provide the following:
a. Necessary sound system apart from the available basic sound system at the venue;
b. At least four (4) wireless microphones for the stage;
c. High resolution indoor LED video wall (estimate size: 16ft x 20 ft. screen);
d. Video camera for live feed;
e. Projector (7,000 lumens, short throw);
f. Stage backdrop, drop banners, modular system and panels, drop lights, curtain lights, and other lighting effects as necessary for the presentations;
g. Two (2) downstage monitors for presentations;
h. Media/photo booth, complete with back drop following the event’s branding;
i. Technical support teams (over-all director, technical director, stage director, lights and sound engineer, photographer, videographer, sounds, lights and effects, etc.)
j. Meals for the technical and production staff and performers;
k. Two (2) groups of performers for the intermission numbers during the program. Each performance will be given a maximum of 15 minutes;
l. Pull-up banners, following the event’s branding, as signages at the entrance of the venue
m. 500 pieces of giveaway/souvenir purchased from a local women microenterprise;
n. 500 printed copies of the programme sheet;
o. 50 printed “Organizer” ID badges with ID cases and lanyards, following the event’s branding;
p. Photo and video documentation of the event;
q. Voice-over emcee;
2. Prepare the script for the program in coordination with the PCW Secretariat;
3. Secure permits for ingress and egress at the venue; and
4. Others as necessary and to be agreed upon with the PCW Secretariat to ensure the successful completion of the event.
1. Submit the following:
a.Video and photo documentation of the event in an external hard drive; and
b. Written documentation/activity report of the event.
1. With at least five (5) years of experience in events planning and organizing conferences and large-scale seminars;
2. Good portfolio, which should include actual experience in handling indoor events with at least 500 participants;
3. Excellent coordination and networking skills; and
4. Familiar with government processes.
The Contractor will be engaged from July to August 2018, as detailed in the following:
|First Tranche – 20% of Contract Price (Php80,000) to be paid after the submission of outputs|
|Meeting with PCW Secretariat||Agreed terms and contract signed||1st week of August 2018|
|Presentation of program and event design and management plan||Approved event design and management plan||1st week of August 2018|
|Second Tranche – 30% of Contract Price (Php120,000) to be paid after the submission of outputs|
|Preparation and submission of script, identification of appropriate performers, and presentation of sample giveaways||
Approved script and list of performers
Approved set design and specifications
Approved sample of giveaway/souvenir purchased from a women microenterprise
|2nd week of August 2018|
|Third Tranche – 50% of Contract Price (Php200,000) to be paid after the submission of outputs|
|Actual conduct of the event||
Actual conduct of the event following the approved plan
Report of event completion with photo and video documentation
|3rd week of August 2018|
The PCW shall pay the Contractor FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS (Php400,000.00), subject to applicable taxes, for the full coordination, conceptualization, events management, and stage design of the event on August 14, 2018.
Payment of professional fees shall be made in three (3) tranches upon submission of final outputs, subject to the issuance of certificate of acceptability of output by the PCW and following the timeline, or as may be agreed upon and stipulated in the contract of service to be signed by the Contractor and the PCW.
The Contractor shall directly coordinate with the DDO on all matters relative to this engagement. The DDO shall be responsible for facilitating the contract signing, submission of outputs, provision of comments and inputs, and processing of payment of professional fees.