Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
2018-06-20 (All day)
Negotiated Procurement-Small Value Procurement
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) established the Sectoral Coordination Division (SCD) as part of the organizational strengthening of the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) thru the Accelerating the Implementation of the Magna Carta of Women for Inclusive Development and Empowerment (AIM WIDE). The SCD is in-charge of managing coordination and provision of technical assistance to sectoral agencies; review of the gender-responsiveness of sectoral policies, plans and PAPs; and conduct of monitoring of sectoral gender mainstreaming efforts.
In order to gain a more in-depth knowledge of the assigned sectors and its stakeholders, the SCD developed Sectoral Profiles harmonized with the draft Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE) Plan and Compendium of GEWE Indicators. The next step after the profiling is to come up with an internal strategy to assist the Sectoral Coordination Division (SCD) in engaging with the agencies and possible civil society and private sector partners to address the gender issues identified in the assigned sectors.
To come up with the SCD Implementation Strategy, SCD-PCW will engage the services of a Facilitator during the conduct of the three-day “Sectoral Coordination Division (SCD) Implementation Strategy Write Shop and Consultation with Sectoral Experts” on July 25-27, 2018.
The final outputs expected from the Facilitator from this engagement are as follows:
• Approved Activity Design
• Presentation on the Proposed Harmonization of the Draft GEWE Plan, Compendium of GEWE Indicators, SCD Conceptual Framework and Sectoral Profiles; and
• Presentation on the Synthesis and Next Steps to Consolidate the SCD Implementation Strategy.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Facilitator is expected to work closely with PCW Sectoral Coordination Division and is tasked to:
• Schedule and attend a half-day Preparatory Meeting with the PCW Sectoral Coordination Division to discuss and present the draft design for the activity;
• Finalize the design and materials to be used during the activity in consultation with the SCD, ensuring that the reference materials (e.g. GEWE Plan, Compendium of GEWE Indicators, Sectoral Profiles and SCD Conceptual Framework) are taken into consideration;
• Serve as facilitator during the Sectoral Coordination Division (SCD) Implementation Strategy Write Shop and Consultation with Sectoral Experts” on July 25-27, 2018;
• Together with the Division Chief of the SCD, provide comments on the draft sectoral strategies for enhancement;
• Provide SCD a detailed guide on how to incorporate inputs of invited sectoral experts and consolidate the sectoral strategies into one SCD Implementation Strategy; and
• Submit soft copies of the outputs to the SCD-PCW through electronic mail with an attached cover letter.
The Facilitator should have the following skills:
• At least five (5) years’ experience in facilitating/moderating workshops or write shops;
• In-depth Knowledge of Gender and Development (GAD) concepts;
• Knowledgeable about PCW mandates and government processes;
• Excellent writing skills in English;
• Preferably with a Bachelor’s degree related but not limited to courses such as Women Studies, Development Studies or Communications;
• Flexible and responds to changes to outputs as part of the review and feedback process; and
• Strong commitment to deliver expected outputs on time.
The PCW will pay a professional fee of FORTY-TWO THOUSAND PESOS ONLY (PhP 42,000.00), subject to applicable mandatory withholding taxes.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Professional Fee of the Facilitator shall be processed and released after the conduct of the Sectoral Coordination Division (SCD) Implementation Strategy Write Shop in full, if she/he will be able to submit the outputs specified in C.
The Facilitator shall directly coordinate with the Sectoral Coordination Division on all matters regarding this engagement. SCD has assigned Ms. Marianne Kristine V. Delgado, Supervising GAD Specialist, to coordinate with the Facilitator on the details of the Write Shop and Consultation with Sectoral Experts including the provision of reference materials to be used (e.g. Draft GEWE Plan, Compendium of GEWE Indicators, SCD Conceptual Framework and Sectoral Profiles).