- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
Pursuant to Proclamation No. 227 s. 1988 signed on March 17, 1988, the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) leads the annual National Women’s Month celebration (NWMC).
In 2017, the PCW Board Members and Inter-Agency Technical Working Group identified the NWMC theme “We Make Change Work for Women”, which shall be used from 2017-2022. It highlights the empowerment of women as active contributors to and claimholders of development. This pursuit of development under the new administration is also anchored on the commitment of “Malasakit at Pagbabago” or True Compassion and Real Change.
One of the key activities during last year’s celebration is a forum entitled “WE MAKE CHANGE WORK: WOMEN INSPIRING WOMEN”. Modeled after TEDx format, this forum aims to celebrate women’s journey and share inspiring stories of change in their chosen fields to encourage their fellow women to be empowered change agents. This 2018, the PCW is holding another set of the forum to provide a platform for women to inspire and appreciate each other and create an environment supportive of each other. Target participants are local government units, non-government and people’s organizations, private sector, and students.
The three-part series will be conducted on the following dates and venues:
• March 8, 2018 – Metro Manila (Luzon)
• March 15, 2018 – Aklan (Visayas)
• March 22, 2018 – Davao City (Mindanao)
To fully engage the audience, the PCW needs to hire a resource person-performer for the Visayas leg of the forum.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Resource Person-Performer must make herself available on the dates specified above. Specifically, the Resource Person-Performer is expected to perform the following:
1. Serve as one of the resource persons to the Women Inspiring Women Series (Visayas Leg); and
2. Perform one (1) song number for the Women Inspiring Women Series;
1. With inspiring life experience to tell and share before 400 participants (story on suffering from serious health condition, bullying, and coping from depression);
2. Have strong connection with the audience and have good communication skills;
3. Have strong social media presence and following;
4. Previously invited to talk for the TEDx;
5. Previously invited to speak in an international gathering;
6. Have a strong advocacy on women’s rights;
7. 5 years of relevant experience as a singer/song-writer and performer;
8. Flexible and can manage schedule on time; and
9. Familiar with government processes.
|March 9, 2018||Term of Reference agreed between PCW and resource person-performer||
Contract Finalized Terms of Reference
|March 14, 2018||Coordination Meeting with PCW Organizers and rehearsal||Meeting conducted|
|March 15, 2018||Conduct of event||
The PCW will pay the Resource Person-Performer an amount of TEN THOUSAND PESOS (Php 10,000.00), subject to applicable taxes.
Payment of professional fees shall be made upon the performance during the program, subject to the issuance of certificate of actual performance by the PCW, or as may be agreed upon and stipulated in the contract of service to be signed by the Contractor and the PCW.
The PCW shall likewise shoulder the transportation expenses of the resource person-performer and one (1) companion/road manager and their billeting expenses for two (2) nights.
The Contractor shall directly coordinate with PCW-Corporate Affairs Information Resource Management Division (CAIRMD) in all matters relative to this engagement. PCW-IRMD shall assign a focal person for this project, who will coordinate with the Contractor and will be responsible for preparing the contract, facilitating the submission of draft output and provision of comments and input, and processing of payment of professional fees.
For more information, please see the attached file.