Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
The general objective of this consultancy assignment is to increase the competitiveness and productivity of women entrepreneurs in the weaving industry. Specifically, it aims to:
1. Facilitate the matching of designers and WMEs to develop new or upscale existing products.
2. Introduce business processes that could increase the productivity or sales of WMEs.
3. Document the community engagement process for possible business models/good practices.
Scope of Work
The engagement will cover for a one (1) year period. The general scope of work includes but not limited to the following:
1. Coordination with PCW-GREAT Women Project and PTRI in activities related to the engagement;
2. Assessment of the chosen weaving community to determine their capacities, level of commitment, and willingness to engage;
3. Field visits to chosen communities to monitor the progress of works;
4. Development of a prototype sample of new or upscale products out of the fabrics/textiles;
5. Documentation of the process of community engagement;
6. Participation in project-related activities on by-invitation basis.
Approved Budget/Professional Fee
The Total Budget for this consultancy is Seven Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (725,000.00). Each Consultant shall be paid in the amount of One Hundred Forty-Five Thousand Pesos (Php145,000.00), inclusive of expenses for transportation, lodging and incidental expenses during Tasks 1,2, 3; and costs of procurement of initial enhanced material outputs from WMEs (raw materials), consultancy fee and, mandatory government tax for the whole engagement chargeable against WEE Project funds under Work Package 1114.
Terms of Payment
The Professional Fee of the Consultant shall be processed and released in two tranches:
Target Date of
|• Approved Work and Financial Plan||Within 2 weeks after contract signing|
• Assessment report of the community
• Activity reports for R&D and product development activities
• Prototype sample of products developed or enhanced
• Monitoring and documentation reports
|Within 3 weeks after approval of final outputs|
Payment of professional fees shall be made upon completion of the required final output/s, subject to the issuance of Certificate of Acceptability by the PCW and will follow the schedule above which will also be stipulated in the Contract of Service to be signed by the Consultant and the PCW. Outputs realized under this engagement shall be the property of PCW and the Government of Canada (as project funders), with due acknowledgement to the efforts of the Contractor, contributors and sources of reference materials. The prototype however, can be turned-over to the Consultant for commercial production with the agreement that due acknowledgment to PCW and Canada for the support provided shall be made.
The Consultant must possess the following qualifications:
1. Must have extensive background and experience in product design and development;
2. Must have technical knowledge on product development using indigenous fabrics;
3. Must have existing domestic markets or network of retail buyers from local or abroad;
4. Must be innovative and creative;
5. Willing to travel to rural communities where indigenous weaving groups are located;
6. Should have good writing/reporting skills.
Working Conditions and Arrangements
The consultant will maintain direct working relationship with the WEE Project Manager or her assigned Project Officer.
Submission of Requirements
Interested individual or organizations must submit the following requirements to Ms. Arlene Maaño – PCW Records Officer, at email@example.com on or before February 26, 2018:
1. Expression of Interest
2. Proposal or Work plan containing activities, task and timelines for the submission of final outputs based on Section F of this TOR
3. Updated CV
4. Philgeps Registration Number
5. Income/Business Tax Return
6. BIR Registration
7. Mayor/Business Permit
8. Omnibus Sworn Statement (please see attached copy)
9. Sample portfolio of design work from similar engagement
For more information, please see the attached file(s).