Area of Delivery:
- Metro Manila
- Consulting Services
- Consulting Services
Title: Consultant/Sector Specialist for Handloom Textiles and Homestyle Products
Reporting Lines: GREAT Women Project-2 Project Manager
Source of Fund: WEE Project Fund
Contract Price: PHP 600,000.00
Station: Metro Manila (Regional assignment will depend on the focus regions for homestyle and wearable industry)
Duration: February 2018 to September 2018
Scope of Work
The Consultant/Specialist to be hired per sector will work with PCW’s project management team, and with partner implementers in selected activities on value chain development. Other stakeholders and/or players in the industry may be engaged, especially the SMEs who are willing to collaborate with women micro entrepreneurs assisted by project. The engagement will initially cover eight months for the following scope of work:
1. Provides industry expertise (i.e., markets and trends, product quality standards, production efficiency) and guide the project management team on identification and design of activities that can facilitate growth of women’s micro-enterprises in the sector.
2. Undertakes review of homestyle and wearable industry road maps and relevant value chain development plans, and facilitates discussions and inputs to any policy advocacy to address issues affecting women’s businesses in the sector.
3. Provides guidance and occasionally facilitates the project implementing team in work planning, implementing, and monitoring results of value chain development interventions integrating the gender lens from the PCW-PMO.
4. Identifies and engages potential homestyle and wearable industry leads in the private sector who are willing to collaborate and create synergies with selected government agencies and groups of WMEs.
5. Participates in selected project activities for the homestyle and wearable industry cluster (i.e., as facilitator, resource person or panel discussant) as may be identified in Consultant’s work plan.
6. Assists in the promotion of the project’s visibility.
7. Prepares required outputs as agreed in a monthly work plan for the project.
Approved Budget/Professional Fee
The Consultant shall be paid the gross professional fee of Six Hundred Thousand Pesos (PHP600,000.00) subject to mandatory and applicable government tax for the whole engagement chargeable against WEE Project funds under Work Package 1221.
For more information, please see the attached file.